BasBQ
Beef en Steak

Pit Barrel Cooker

• Onderwerp starter bryantjw96
  • Startdatum
B

bryantjw96

Gast
Hello, I'm James and new to the Netherlands.  Sorry for the English, but still learning Nederlands.  As an American I love cooking, BBQ'ing and smoking meat, but I did not bring anything with me when I moved here, which I regret.  I was wondering if anyone knows if we can buy a Pit Barrel Cooker here in the Netherlands?  I can have one shipped from the USA, but I wanted to see if a business offered one. 

Also, PBC recommends the Kingsford brand charcoal/houtskool, but I cannot find anyone in the NL that carries that brand.  So I'm hoping someone might already have a PBC and can offer a good alternative.

Dankjewel for all help and advice!!

James

Never heard of that, checked google for images... looks identical to an UDS maybe without the waterpan?
See this forum. It has a selfbuild UDS section with lots of inspiration!

James, please note that uds link Ceriel kindly provided is a built it yourself kit that does not include the actual drum... don't know how poor your dutch is... therefore extra note.

Wel een hele vette uDS Ceriel, al vind ik die met kogelkraantjes zoals jij die nog mooier!

Hi James, welcome at our hang out for bbq addicts.

Most peopke here make there own UDS since complete manufactured are not available here in Europe. So the Big Poppa smoker link aove is awesome.

There is a small shop in Antwerp, GRARE food store, that sometimes sells Kingsford charcoal. I would go for Cocos briketten they will do just fine.

Thanks guys for all the help and advice.  I will look into the Cocos briketten.  Much of what I know is from personal experience and what Meathead from http://amazingribs.com/index.html has written.  For those who can read English, this is a great website for learning about all things concerning to BBQ in the USA. 

Thank you all!
James

Hi James, welcome!
I think 99% here can read English and that site is one of the sites that comes by here on a regular base. ;)

Welcome to the club :)

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan